I have had some opportunity to work with wikis, as I have created one for our NHS students. This easy-to-use method allows both advisors (Becky Houghton and me) to easily edit, add and delete information, etc. in a quick and eye-catching way. The address is: http://www.hiltonnhs.wikispaces.org/
We used something called glogster and also made avatars of ourselves. While we aren't at the point where we are allowing the officers to edit it yet, I think we are on the right track. I think the first step is becoming comfortable with using/editing/creading a wiki yourself, and then you can be of more help to students as they create their own.
I like what one person said about work is usually of higher caliber because students know that it will be published for all (or at least their peers) to see. I also like the collaborative spirit of a wiki. I think it would be a wonderful classroom tool for projects and information sharing. Anything from videos to articles can be posted on there. I hope to be able to use wikis as a tool in my own classroom in the future.
Week 14
-
I feel very strongly about the articles and videos we saw this week. When
I was in high school a girl in my grade sent naked pictures to her
boyfriend. Af...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment