While I am pretty hesitant about most things involving technology, I'm pretty sure that I can handle blogging. I definitely see the benefits as using it as a tool as part of classroom instruction and discussion. Particularly in foreign language classrooms, students can be hesitant to express their opinions, because they fear negative evaluation from peers and teachers; however, blogging seems to have the ability to take some of that fear. I also see how it can allow students to take conversations in the directions that interest them, rather than being so closely monitored by teachers. Traditionally quiet students in class may find their "voice" while blogging and allow their teachers to better know them.
I can see myself using blogging to address cultural topics. It is definitely not for simple regurgitation of information. I can use blogging, rather than each student getting a "question packet" to solicit responses to readings and videos in class. I would also like the students to use names that they have made up so that they can remain anonymous to other students if they like.
Week 14
-
I feel very strongly about the articles and videos we saw this week. When
I was in high school a girl in my grade sent naked pictures to her
boyfriend. Af...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment